Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Item/ISBN: 9791189809508
- Publisher: Seoul Selection
- Year: 2021
- Cover: Softcover
- Pages: 236
- Language: Korean / English
- Class: Book (with QR Codes)
This product will be released at 10 January 2022
Learn Korean while watching K-drama scenes on YouTube and Netflix!
Inside the book: scripts, YouTube links, and Netflix timestamps to five sensational Korean drama shows
● Learn Korean through scripts and clips from five of the latest and hottest K-drama shows.
● Feel the joy of deepening your understanding of the Korean language through detailed explanations and exercises on dictation, vocabulary, and sentence structures.
● Internalize everyday Korean language including colloquial expressions, popular neologisms used amongst today’s younger generation, shortened words, text abbreviations, and slang.
● Casually encounter Korean food, fashion, entertainment, and cultural values through the K-drama content.
A Korean Language Textbook Centered on K-Drama Scripts and Videos
Learn Korean through K-Dramas 2 is a Korean language textbook developed around short scenes from five of the most popular Hallyu K-drama shows, making the study of the Korean language fun and effective. Subtitled “A Glance at Issues in Korean Society,” this second book of the K-Drama Korean Series features K-drama shows that offer an in-depth view of the various issues in Korean society—It’s Okay Not to Be Okay, Itaewon Class, My Mister, SKY Castle, and Misaeng: Incomplete Life—to provide curious readers a deeper understanding of life in Korea.
This book is unique in that each script comes with QR codes and Netflix timestamps that provide direct links to corresponding YouTube videos and Netflix scenes, allowing for readers to access the clips at any time and understand the language content while watching and listening to it on screen.
This book is also written entirely in both English and Korean to enable even beginner Korean language students to make the most out of its content. The right-side pages of the book are dedicated to the original K-drama scripts and the left-side pages provide English translations for a convenient learning experience for students of all proficiency levels.
The book is optimal for self-study, and its size (150 x 200 mm), relatively small for a textbook, makes it handy and portable.
Moreover, the book’s various exercises requiring short, subjective answers as well as the proven-effective dictation practice sections make the book suitable not only for self-study but also as a workbook for use in schools and academies. In particular, this second book places further emphasis on grammar to aid students preparing for the Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK).Furthermore, the cultural commentary in the book helps readers encounter and understand Korea’s food, fashion, entertainment, and cultural values in connection to the K-drama scenes.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
Chapter 2 Itaewon Class
Chapter 3 My Mister
Chapter 4 SKY Castle
Chapter 5 Misaeng: Incomplete Life