Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Item/ISBN: 9788927732709
- Publisher: Darakwon
- Year: 2020
- Cover: Softcover
- Pages: 80
- Language: Korean / English
- Class: Book + MP3 Downlad
In stock. Ready to ship in 1-3 work days.
● Easy and fun reading of classic Korean tales adapted into modern Korean by level!
● Vocabulary words and expressions for reading comprehension allow easy reading without a dictionary!
● Use vivid recordings by professional Korean voice actors to improve your listening skills!
● Improve your Korean vocabulary skills and check the content you read using comprehension questions!
The “Darakwon Korean Readers” series is comprised of books that recompose classic Korean literary works to match the reading levels of students from beginner to advanced levels (A1~C2) so students can easily increase their Korean reading comprehension skills in a fun way. The fourth literary work in this series, “The Story of Chunhyang,” adapts a classic Korean novel about the meeting of 16-year-old lovers who parted ways due to their class difference. As students enjoy reading this emotional story about a dramatic reunion, they can naturally become familiar with vocabulary words and expressions that are essential for the intermediate level.
In addition, through explanations about the historical background, students can understand the culture of that time period. Not only can students read the content, they can also listen to it by scanning QR codes to hear recordings of professional voice actors reading the story. Students can also use the English translations of the story and questions in the appendix at the end of the book to check their reading comprehension skills.
▪ The “Darakwon Korean Readers” series adapts classic Korean tales into modern Korean suitable for beginner to advanced levels. Each book presents vocabulary words and expressions that align with the standards of the International Standard Curriculum for Korean Language and Korean Language Education Vocabulary Content Development. Students can have fun as they easily read and understand each story.
▪ English translations of vocabulary words that are necessary for understanding the story are presented at the bottom of each page, as well as additional English explanations about grammar, expressions, and cultural background, allowing students to concentrate on reading without using a dictionary. In addition, students can easily check an English translation of the entire story in the appendix of the book.
▪ Students can listen to lively recordings done by professional voice actors by scanning the QR code on each page of the story. By looking at illustrations of the story’s main scenes and listening to the voice recordings, students can not only improve their listening skills, they can also vividly understand the emotions of the characters.
▪ Using a variety of questions in the book’s appendix, students can check their reading comprehension and practice sentence structures and vocabulary words that they should know for each corresponding level. In addition, students can compare various cultural situations with Korean culture through thought expansion questions based on the content of the story.
머리말 Preface 2
일러두기 How to Use This Book 4
작품 소개 Introduction to the Story 6
등장인물 Characters 10
1 이몽룡과 성춘향, 광한루에서 만나다
Lee Mongryong and Seong Chunhyang meet at Gwanghallu Pavilion 11
2 몽룡과 춘향, 결혼을 약속하다 Mongryong and Chunhyang promise to wed 19
3 춘향, 몽룡과 이별하다 Chunhyang and Mongryong bid farewell 24
4 춘향, 변 사또의 수청을 거절하다 Chunhyang refuses to serve Magistrate Byeon 29
5 춘향, 감옥에 갇히다 Chunhyang is imprisoned 36
6 몽룡, 암행어사가 되다 Mongryong becomes a secret royal inspector 40
7 몽룡, 거지가 되어 나타나다 Mongryong appears as a beggar 45
8 암행어사 출두야! Here comes the secret royal inspector! 51
9 춘향과 몽룡, 사랑을 이루다 Chunhyang and Mongryong’s love is realized 56
내용 이해하기 Reading Comprehension 60
모범 답안 Answers 82
본문 번역 Text Translations 85